- It truly was a display to behold wasn’t it?
- Some thoughts …
- No Stevie, Sturridge, Enrique or Dagger surely spelled trouble for us … step up Luis & the youngsters
- We all know about a certain Uruguayan who was once more sublime & sporting the captain’s armband whilst Stevie recovers
- What was beyond wonderful to watch was the play of our younglings … Flano, Hendo, Phil & Raheem were absolutely massive … committed, resolute & vibrant
- Victor got a run out, Alberto laid a beauty on for Luis & diddy Joseph played out of his skin
- Ironically, Mignolet had a relative ‘mare that went largely unnoticed. Nice that he got it out of his system whilst maintaining a clean sheet!
- I watched the game once more, in its entirety, & it was more comprehensive a thrashing than against ‘that’ match versus Forest in ’88
- We even hit the woodwork twice & could have had double figures … all without Spurs registering an attempt on target … staggering
- To witness the camaraderie, joy, team spirit & commitment was inspiring … Hendo celebration with Brendan, Flano going mental, the Lucas pile-on … all brilliant memories in their own right
- It will be a crime if this side, with Luis, with Stevie in his twilight years, Sturridge & Coutinho, doesn’t at least qualify for Europe & win a pot this season
ner ner … ner ner ner!