- Being a publisher & having run several newspapers, I’m more than a bit puzzled … & pissed off
- I’m puzzled as traditional daily broadsheets are berliners are hemorrhaging … the ad dollars simply are not there to satiate an older demographic plus digital & social options are most often cheaper to reach, engage & retain
- Add to this the fact that news content is available literally everywhere, only proprietary & original content sells & leverages advertisers
- The Globe was valued at $1.1 billion in 1993 when it was purchased by the New York Times Co.
- I’m pissed off as this unmitigated waste of dosh could have been invested in a business that offers exponentially more opportunity to render a return upon investment!
thanks for nowt!