So, who are this lot that wish to dump money into LFC &, quite possibly, influence Anfield’s name?
- Ooredoo Qatar, formerly known as Qatar Telecom, is the flagship telecommunications operator of Ooredoo, one of the world’s largest multinational telecommunications companies.
- Ooredoo Qatar is the largest telecommunications operator in Qatar, with more than 2.5 million consumer and business customers who use its mobile, broadband, digital and fibre services. The company is headquartered in Qatar’s capital of Doha.
- Ooredoo’s Qatar history dates back to 1949, when the first 50-line telephone exchange was created in Doha. Ooredoo Qatar was established under Law No. 13 of 1987. In 1994, Ooredoo Qatar introduced GSM mobile telephony, followed by Internet services two years later. In 2006, it launched IP telephone, high-speed mobile data roaming (GPRS), mobile Internet, and 3G multimedia services. In the 2010’s, Ooredoo Qatar continued to improve its services by launching its Mobile Money mobile banking service and upgrading its network to 3G. In 2011, it continued its roll-out of a nationwide fibre network. In 2012, it was preparing to launch new ultrafast 4G LTE broadband packages with download speeds of up to 100 Mbps, as well as HDTV, Time Shift TV, and Video-on-Demand. Ooredoo Qatar has enjoyed strong growth even during challenging economic conditions.
- Total customers have grown from 1.9 million in 2008 to 2.5 million in 2012.
we need much more new business development
such as this in order to compete … it’s a reality
– Artwork by Mostar (@MostarLFC)