football transfers are not a cookie cutter approach
- Winners usually means an experienced player which, in turn, eliminates a ‘bring ‘em in young’ FSG philosophy
- FSG’s approach is not synonymous with success in European football’s volatile & often extortionate transfer market
- It’s all about how much you can get from any given player vs. what you pay incrementally in salary & for the transfer expenditure itself
- FSG slowly coming ’round to there not being a boiler plate, baseball money ball, method that you can apply to top flight football
- The closest thing to their philosophy is quietly going about your business with common sense …
- ie. Klopp at Dortmund, assembling a first XI that collectively cost less than And Carroll’s transfer fee alone!